October 19, 2010
Our checklist continues... today was immunizations! WOW! What a slacker mom I am in the immunization department. After a multitude of shots, he is now free to jump around on rusty nails, breathe deeply in the faces of runny nosed children and other free-coughing individuals.
The pediatrician was great about telling Jake how to take good care of himself and to begin his life as an adult. It was a great discussion and I was very impressed. I have a "first aid" kit in mind, but I think I'll throw in a little tutorial about what to take for the stuff like, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and fever.
I think the best thing about the day for Jake was that this was the LAST day he would ever have to have medical care in a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs room!
We actually started the day really great. Jake and I got up and did a session at the OMT. We were the witness couple and it was so nice. Jake was a little worried that people would think he was married to an old lady, but I think he managed OK. He did really good having it be only the second time he has been to the temple and we ran into the lady that helped me with initiatories as well as quite a few people who found out he was going to Everett Washington. Claudia Lignell was there and I talked to her for awhile about working once a week after I lose a couple of kid this fall. We're looking into Kayci being able to volunteer there as well.
Here's a couple more of Jake in front of "His" temple. The view is beautiful and we're super spoiled with having a temple closer than our Stake Center and the fact that we can see 3 others from the front of this one!