Monday, January 31, 2011

Ive been kind of a slacker at Jake's letters!  Here's some of the highlights of his e-mails! 


December 28, 2010
Hey mom!!!!!!!!I have a short time to email so here I go.I am lovin it here at the MTC. The food is ok, but the people here are awesome! I am actually in a companionship of three. It is made up of me, Elder Torgorsen from American Fork, UT, and Elder Gosney from Cairns, Australia.....oh ya an Australian accent is way cool to have. Oh and my friend in my district says hi. haha oh and thanks for that collage you sent me. All of the guys in my district think that jessi is cute in her wedding dress pic. But I truly love the spirit here. It is soooo strong. Honestly I don’t know how this Church cannot be true. But study up on Preach my Gospel it’s awesome. But I have to go so love you and talk to you later.
December 28, 2010
Hey mom!!!!!!!!I have a short time to email so here I go.I am lovin it here at the MTC. The food is ok, but the people here are awesome! I am actually in a companionship of three. It is made up of me, Elder Torgorsen from American Fork, UT, and Elder Gosney from Cairns, Australia.....oh ya an Australian accent is way cool to have. Oh and my friend in my district says hi. haha oh and thanks for that collage you sent me. All of the guys in my district think that jessi is cute in her wedding dress pic. But I truly love the spirit here. It is soooo strong. Honestly I don’t know how this Church cannot be true. But study up on Preach my Gospel it’s awesome. But I have to go so love you and talk to you later.



January 17, 2011
What is up?  I am having so much fun out here. Man, it’s so weird to be out here with real investigators that are allowed to swear haha. My companion is Elder Haskell and we get along great. He likes sports and I like Sci-Fi so our personalities are a little different but we still get along great. Our apartment is pretty nice. What is really nice though is we have our own washer and dryer!!!!!!!!! oh ya! I’m  also pretty much a pro at doing laundry. I can’t believe all the stuff I was capable of when I got out here. I kind of miss the MTC sometimes, I had a lot of fun there and I really miss the all you can eat food there. I had some really cool teachers there too and alot of my friends are still there.  My area is really cool. There are a lot of trees haha. The sky is usually grey with overcast, but when the sun comes out it is way pretty. Our area has ALOT of hills and guess what......we are on bikes. My thighs are on fire right now! The members here are really cool too. Some of the families I know I will get along great with. Some of our investigators here are way cool. We have a girl named Nichole we are going to Baptize hopefully next month and a way cool girl named Dorothy. I wasn’t there yet when the Missionaries first met Dorothy, but she told them that she was looking at alot of different religions and didn’t know which one to join. Hmmmmm that kind of sounds familiar. The first time I taught her we taught the Joseph Smith story and we checked up on her Book of Mormon reading because she already had one. She has a way cool personality and she will fit into the church very nicely. We invited her to be baptized and she said that if she finds out the Book of Mormon and our church is true then she will!!!!!! There are some people who kind of don’t want to talk to us hahaha. But I really haven’t had a really mean one yet so that’s good. Street contacting was kind of awkward at first but I am getting over it. We talked to one guy standing on his porch yesterday and we talked to him for like twenty minutes and he said we could come by and see him sometime!!!!
January 24, 2011
Hey what is up!!! I got my package so thank you soooooooooooooooo much. I really appreciate how you and the fam cares about me so much. I really liked the extra stuff in there like the candy and especially the art book, the art in that book is amazing. I really don’t care what color my scripture bag is, I would one that has some good places for scripture markers and is waterproof. I would also like it to be florescent pink.......jk. But whatever one you get I’ll be ok with. I have a bike that I am deciding whether to buy or not. I am buying it from a missionary for 500 bucks and it’s a way nice bike. So ill keep you updated on whether I am going to buy this one or get another one. And to answer your question about the email or letter thing, you can email me whenever but I can only look at them and respond to them on Mondays. But I can receive letters whenever. And I can listen to all Gospel related music Ya!!!!!!!! So please send me some cds that are original copies so I don’t break copyright.
It’s been way fun out here so far. We have a lot of cool potential investigators. If you don’t know what a potential investigator is, it’s a person who hasn’t been taught really anything but they said that we could come back and talk more. On Sunday we helped bring this non member family to Church and they seemed to have a way fun time. Me and Elder Haskell brought this Spanish kid named "Jesus, he is a way humble kid that is interested in the church. We play soccer with him every once in awhile. And this way fun lady named Dorothy went to Church for her SECOND TIME!!! yaaaa There are some people who kind of don’t want to listen to us and there’s some who want to bash with us hahaha. But you just say to those that want to bash to pray about the Book of Mormon and to know for themselves if it’s true and then walk away. If you try to prove them wrong then you just create contention that doesn’t need to be there and it drives out the Spirit fast. I really like to whole concept down here of making your own food. I don’t want to be a responsible adult hahaha. I’ve been also having fun eating cereal, PB&J, and Mac and cheese everyday and eating cereal with a fork. But the fun that I have out here and the Spirit that I feel each day makes up for it. I love this Gospel soooo much and it’s been hard out here but I wouldn’t have it any other way.