Hey Mom
Thanks for the e-mail. I'm doing better today. I was a bit sad last night and I'm still doing a little bit bad but it still wont stop me from doing the work. If anything it will hopefully motivate me to teach people the principles of the Plan Of Salvation, because if the song Families Can Be Together Forever is true, and since Niner was actually a people in our family and not a pet, then we will see him again :)
Thanks again for callling me! I know that it was agianst the rules, but I must have a get out of jail free card somewhere in my wallet! It was better for me to talk to you that just the e-mail.
Nothing really big is going on up here. I will let you know through the letter I will send this week.
I love you a ton Mom! Tell Robert, Jessi, Kayci, and everyone else that I said hi and that I love them too!
Love
Hi Elder jake Man-
Elder Lynam (line-em-up)
Niner died on Friday night. Sit down and I'll tell you about it.
So Robert was selling hay to a customer and Niner must have laid down under the tire of the guy and didn't hear him start his truck. The guy drove over the back of Niner's legs and pelvis. I actually was on the phone with Robert at the time and I heard the whole thing. The man felt horrible and so did Robert. I was at the hospital and ran over there as quick as I could. I sat in the back of the truck and we took him to the vet. I held Mr. Pooey in my lap and kept him calm. When we got to the vet the doc said that his injuries were too extensive and it just wouldn't be fair to have him go through surgery and pins and etc. We knew that going in and I actually knew that the instant I heard what happened on the phone.
They placed an IV and gave him some meds to make him more comfortable and we just loved him and petted him and I told him what a good dog he had been and that we'd see him again soon. The doctor gave him some more meds and he just went to sleep.
We brought him back to the farm and buried him under a tree that looks out over the spot where the new arena will be. I'm going to make a little "headstone" and plant some flowers there. He really is in a better place, with no hip dysplasia
Here's what I wrote on my facebook page, (which over 45 people have posted comments)
Sad Day yesterday. Mr. Poo Poo Head (Niner) was accidentally run over by a hay customer and we had to put him down. He was 12 years old and a "people", not a dog. I can't believe how hard it's been. But Robert and I found him a nice spot at the farm so he can see everything, bark at all the people, and still be in the shade without getting hurt. I love you, Mr. Pooey, you were such a wonderful part of our family and took such great care of us.
You were with us when we needed you most. You made my "every other weekend" not so lonely and listened to countless hours of nursing stuff when I studied outloud. You and I watched so many movies alone and I realized that you were much better company than most men out there! You were my walking partner and my confidant for many many years. ( I don't think you told anyone any of my secrets!) You barked before the door bell rang, making sure we were safe. You ran alongside the tractor with Robert and me until we finally let you ride. You were there for every family event, making sure you were in every picture. You laid outside with the kids and I watching movies under the stars. You played glow in the dark basketball and brought the ball back. You loved Jessi, bounced around with Jake and were very gentle with Kayci. You loved fetching sticks and going wherever we went. You were so happy at the farm, but no matter what Robert says, I know you loved me more! You made the term, "damn dog", one of endearment and we loved you. We will miss you so much.
I can still tell other people, "Your dog doesn't know SIT!".
You were with us when we needed you most. You made my "every other weekend" not so lonely and listened to countless hours of nursing stuff when I studied outloud. You and I watched so many movies alone and I realized that you were much better company than most men out there! You were my walking partner and my confidant for many many years. ( I don't think you told anyone any of my secrets!) You barked before the door bell rang, making sure we were safe. You ran alongside the tractor with Robert and me until we finally let you ride. You were there for every family event, making sure you were in every picture. You laid outside with the kids and I watching movies under the stars. You played glow in the dark basketball and brought the ball back. You loved Jessi, bounced around with Jake and were very gentle with Kayci. You loved fetching sticks and going wherever we went. You were so happy at the farm, but no matter what Robert says, I know you loved me more! You made the term, "damn dog", one of endearment and we loved you. We will miss you so much.
I can still tell other people, "Your dog doesn't know SIT!".
I love you, Dude. I hope you can still stay focused on your mission, but I didn't want to not tell you. Just know that he died peacefully and I was there within a few minutes and we were at the vet within the hour getting pain medication. He couldn't move his entire back end so I know it was the very best thing to do. He laid his head in my lap the whole time. He knows we loved him and that he was the very best dog in the whole wide world.
I love you to the moon.
Mom