Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010
Another temple!  YEAH!  This one was great Jake and I went to the Salt Lake Temple today!
We got there a little late for the 2:00 session so we had lunch at the cafeteria and went to the 3:00.  I'd forgotten how beautiful the temple was, so much attention to detail. 
On the way out of the Celestial Room, we stopped and talked to a couple... they were the temple President and Matron.  Jake asked him some questions and introduced himself.  It was really fun.  I can't believe that we have "ran" into temple presidents like we have with Jake.  I can't remember ever meeting the president of the temple, except for Victor L. Brown. 

After the session, we went to the visitors center and walked around.   It was so interesting to see the diorama of the Salt Lake Temple after we had just been inside.  I thought the Celestial Room was higher up than it is... I had no idea that entire assembly room was above us.  It was great for Jake to point out what rooms were what and he recognized them all.  It was alot of fun.

I'm super proud of my missionary son... this "temple trek" idea has been a bigger undertaking than I had anticipated, but it's been a great time for all of us to help Jake out.  Tomorrow he's off to Vernal with Robert and Jessica.  They are going to drop him off while they go do sales calls.  (Darn, I guess I'll miss that one!)





By the way, Jake... How far away is that bride?   ABOUT 3 YEARS!!!!!