August 1, 2011
Dear Mom!
How is you doing? That's a way cool girls camp it sounds like this year! I doubt this letter will get to you before you go on Wednesday, but be sure to bring a lot of Silly String, Shaving cream and stink bombs! Just in case! So you talked about Emilee wanted to go but she couldn't, how is she doing lately? Is she living at home right now? Do you talk to her often? After this letter I need to write her! I hope my friends haven't forgotten them. I really need to be better at writing letters!
So, the work's going pretty good up here, but it's been a kind of slow week again last week. ARRRGGGGG! Why can't missionary work be easy? I want it to be like Burger King and always have it my way! We are pretty much in the same boat with all of our investigators. They are all awesome people, but it's hard to get people to progress. Especially getting them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. Oh well! We'll keep searching and working with our investigators. So, me and Elder Sears came up with an awesome idea the other day. There is a town festival in Mukilteo where people set up booths and there is tons of other awesome stuff. We are planning on putting up a booth ourselves! We'll pass out Book of Mormons, pass-along cards, brochures and tons of other stuff! I think that will be way successful!!! It will be later this month so let me know if there is any tips you have that we can do.
So, I've been listening to an awesome CD called "Reflections of Christ: Another Testament". It's a CD from the same people who did that Reflections of Christ art book you have in the living room. The songs in it are way awesome! Especially songs 1,4 and 11. It bears a powerful testimony of the the divinity of the Book of Mormon. The songs are about Christ's visit to the ancient Americas as recorded in 3 Nephi 11 through 3 Nephi 28. You TOTALLY need to get this CD!!!! It really brings the Book of Mormon to life!
Something our ward is really pushing right now is going to Mormon.org and making an "I'm a Mormon" profile. It's a way cool website. It's one of the Church's new websites! It works alot like facebook I think, and it's all focused on how members of the Church live, the Gospel and how it effects and blesses their lives. It's basically thousands of people bearing their testimony of the divinity of the Savior and the Church and it's seen through the whole world!!!! It's a way cool missionary tool. You really should create an account! I told Kayci in an e-mail to do the same thing last week, but they really weren't pushing it in our ward until just barely, so that's why I didn't tell you yet. There is also a ton of awesome videos on there that you need to check out! Especially the "I'm a Mormon" videos!
I love you so much, Mom. Keep me updated on how everyone is doing and tell them that I love them, too!
Love, Elder Lynam (line-em-up!)