Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011
Happy St. Patty's Day!
So apparently all of the threats have paid off, because I got an ACTUAL LETTER today!  Lots of words, and pages and stuff!  He sent his SD card with the pictures from the MTC and some of his first area where he is now, Woodinville.  In my last letter to him he was placed on "TOTAL TERMINATION OF CORRESPONDENCE FROM HOME!"  I assured him that this could change with a letter like I got today.  I have now upgraded his status to "POSTAL PROBATION".  (a few minutes every P-day for the next couple of weeks should change this status as well!!!)  At that time he can be in full "Miracle Mom Mail".  We all know that if "Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!  Actually, I "joke" with him, but I really do worry about him and I watch the mailbox every day.  I think he kind of likes letters frm home, so he'll probably keep in touch!

I'll quote part of his letter, "I am doing good and havng way fun out here.  It's totally hard work, but the rewards are worth it.  We have alot of cool people out here and it's kind of cool to see all of the nationalities here.  One thing that I really noticed too is that my testimony gets tried at times, but when I stick it out, I get things here and there that re-confirm my testimony.  Some things that I didn't understand about the gospel, I now understand them.  So basically, I learned that if you don't ever give up in faith, Heavenly Father won't let you down.
     I also learned to push myself when doing missionary work.  It's hard to push myself, but I am way happier when I do and when I push myself to be the best I can be.  It's way cool to know that Happiness is a choice.  I have been in situations here that are not fun, boring, hard, etc, but I can make a choice to be sad and suffer or I can make the best of it and have fun."

I love my missonary!