March 27, 2011
This is me doing the happy dance because I got a couple of REALLY great letters from Jake. No more "THC"- Termination of Home Correspondence for him. Nope. He has been fully upgraded to "PP"- Postal Probation for sure. (Just between us- I think I'll keep him there for awhile because it keeps those letters coming I think!)
Here's some of the letter I got last week:
Hey Mom!
Thanks for putting me on probation. I don't like being on THC at all. I really do appreciate how you truly care for me enough to go through all this stuff so I can have fun on my mission. You are a truly amazing mom.
So here's what's going on down here. We have alot of investigators, but alot of them are flaky on going to Church and being at their house for appointments. Grrrrr. We had an investigator that is way cool drop us. She said that she wants to go to another church but tha she really appreciated all that we had done for her. Elder Thorpe said that we drop people for while so they can feel the absence of the Spirit and then they realize what they are missing. We are still working with some really promisng people though. Me and Elder Thorpe had a way cool experience last Saturday.
We were at this Philipino members home and we were teaching about the Restoration. We were just about to begin when the member's friend came over to sit on the lesson. She knew little English so we taught a little bit and then watched the DVD in Tagolog, which is a Philipino language I think. At the end of the film it says in big words, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". The non-member lady just was silent. She told us that she had a friend where she used to live that told her to investigate this church, but she couldn't remember what the name of our church was or how to find it. But the Church found her.
She said she felt something while watching the film and that this is the church she has been looking for. We also gave her a pass along card with Christ coming out of the tomb. She was way stoked because she has had this picture hanging up in her last house but had lost it, then we bring her a pass along card with the same picture on it. And then she alo said that she wants to be baptized!!!!
It's obvious that the Lord has been working with her for awhile now, but it's way cool that we will have a part in it when she gets baptized. I KNOW THAT THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!
I will never give up my testimony without a fight. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And my testimony of the Book of Mormon came by the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost has testified to me that the Book of Mormon is true on many occasions and that same Spirit testifies of the Father and of the Son. So I know that there is a God and Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. My faith my not be perfect, but like Alma 32, it is a seed that is growing to a full on tree that will bring forth the fruit and blessings of the Gospel.
Thank you for the things you have sent. Especially the quote cards and the puzzle things for Valentines Day. Mom, you're just way awesome at what you do. I am so grateful for you doing all of those things. I am right now listening to a CD that you sent to me and it's a song called "My Heavenly Father Loves Me". It's the lullaby that you used to sing to us when we were kids. I just think about those times up to now and I'm so grateful you sung that song because now I appreciate what Heavenly Father has and still does for us. I am truly grateful to also have a loving mother that does so much for me. I am really grateful, Mom.
Love, Jacob
OK..... can you see why I have been crying REALLY big tears. All of those nights I sang songs and read books to the kids when I was really tired... they really do matter. I really had no idea until now....
I love my missionary. And I know my Heavenly Father loves me.


