Dear Mother who gave me life
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for not getting you the letter. I am going to mail off my letter today no matter what. I will include all of our investigators and all of the cool stuff that is going on up here.
So guess what......... I AM TRAINING!!!!!!!! I was kind of shocked when President Wilson called me the day before transfers, but at the same time I am way excited. I will show my padawan learner the ways of the "force". Now we just need lightsabers. My Companions name is Elder Sears. He is a dairy farmer from Clifton Idaho. He is a WAY cool guy and he is ready to do the work. I may have killed him on bike the other day but other than that he is doing way good. He likes basketball and video games. He is 19 and his birthday is November 11th I think which means I am just a week or two older than him. Ever since he got here we have gotten LOTS of potential investigators. These greenies definately bring the Spirit with them and also there not tainted from the learned ways of the world.
So we are doing way good up here and we have really high hopes for a lot of these people were working with. And our District is pretty much the exact same other than Elder Shaw leaving for Ferdale and one of the Spanish Elders in our District is now our District Leader.
I love you soooooooooo much and I would write more but I have to get a VERY IMPORTANT LETTER mailed off before I get ran over by a very angry mother that loves me soooo much that she would never to such a thing.
Love
Please Forward this to everyone please.
Hey Everyone!!!!!
So, things are still doing really good up here in the Harbour Pointe area. I am now training this transfer!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will rear my young padawan learner in the right ways of the force and not lead him astray. All we need now is some lightsabers. We are still working with alot of cool people and we have really high hopes for some of them.
Something that I learned out here is there are alot of less-active people. The things that mainely lead up to in-activity are not nourishing your testimonies. Just like what Alma The Younger said about faith and how it is compared to a seed, we need to nourish our faith in order for it to grow and even stay alive so when the time comes we can eat the fruit of the tree or in other words your testimony (see Alma 32:37-38) There is 3 main ways to keep your testimony flourishing in my opinion.
1. Study the scriptures (especially The Book Of Mormon) every day. Even if it is just for 5 minutes.
2. Pray every day (especially in the morning and at night)
3. Go to Church every Sunday
I promise as you keep doing these things, you WILL keep your testimony and be able to reap the fruits of your testimony when it becomes a tree that bears fruit. I love you guys and make sure to keep being awesome!
Love
Elder Lynam
