Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4/12/11
Dear Mom,
How is you and the family doing? Jessi and Alan have a kid yet? They better not until I get back! Kayci still being awesome? Roberto doing good?
I really like my new area so far. The people here are really nice and the people we are teaching are way cool, too. We have a 13 year old boy on date for April 23rd and one guy, Steve, that looks really promising. The elders before me did a really good job. I have also really liked the scenery here, too. In some spots in my area you can see Widbey Island way close up and it sits right in the Puget Sound. I have really liked Washington's scenery so far since I've been here. Especially the trees! We don't have trees like these back home. I am also kind of glad that I'm on a bike still because I won't get fat anytime soon! I heard that the average weight gain out here for people who aren't on a bike is 40 pounds! We take our calories like men!
My new companion is Elder Shaw and he's about 20 I think He likes sci-fi alot like I do and also like video games alot so our personalitites fit really well. So we get along really well. My new Zone has alot of cool people in it and my District is really cool because our District has the Zone Leaders in it and my old companion from the MTC, Elder Gosney.
I have to say thanks again for the packages you sent me, they were way awesome. Like I said in my e-mail, don't worry about sending me packages alot, or feel like you have to. I truly appreciate them soooooooooooooooo much. The only thing that I'm worried about is making my companions jealous, or homesick or disappointed because they didn't get anything from home but I am. But regardless, you are still way awesome and thanks again for all the stuff you do for me and the family.
I honestly don't know yet on a scripture to use for my plaque. I like the one in Alma that you shared and I was actually thinking about that one for awhile but I don't really feel like that is the one that I want to put up. So I will get you an answer either this week in my e-mail or in a letter. I pinky swear and promise! I have a few in mind so I'll make sure that it's a cool one.
How's Ry Ry doing? Are you guys seeing him alot? I think that getting him a job with Robert would be way good for him. I really need to write him a letter ASAP, I can't let my letter stall any longer or else it's Garbage day! Is Derrick still working on his papers? How is he doing with everything" I really hope the best for all of the guys. Keep being there for them and encouraging them. I really need to write my letters. Please keep me updated on all of them and keep being a friend to them. You're doing an awesome job at that.
So, how's Robert doing? I got a letter from him yesterday and he had to include that he and Jessi went to La Luna...grrrrrrr. Anyway, you still getting him to Church? Did he watch General Conference?
Thanks for all that you do for me and for being the most awesome Mom ever! Oh, yesterday we had a lesson with the Hesby family. We put Brother Hesby on date! Me and ELder Shaw brought a ward missionary, Brother Carey, to the lesson with us and he talked the whole time and he really was the one that put Brother Hesby on date. Even though he talked the whole time, we learned alot from the things that he said. One of my favorite things he said was that if you want an answer to a question on whether you should do something or not ( in this case, Brother Hesby didn't know if he should be baptized or not), but that you know what the right thing to do is, then you don't really need a miraculous answer to a prayer or something. If you know that it is right,
then you really don't need permission or an answer to do it. You already have an answer enough knowing if something feels right or not. So it was a pretty cool lesson. I really liked also in the lesson Sister Hesby said how good the LDS people are, she started to tear up a little bit. It was a pretty cool lesson.
So, thanks again for all that you do and I'm really sorry that this letter is getting to you way late. It is indeed Garbage Day. It was pretty funny how you put that saying in my food package! So love you, keep being awesome, and love, peace and chicken grease.
Luv,
Elder Lynam (I have to pronounce my name EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!)
p.s. May the force be with you!