Wednesday, June 22, 2011



Hello Sister Lyman,  (I hope that's how you spell your name.  I'm sorry if I got it wrong)

Anyway.... my name is Lisa Sears.  Your son is my son's mission companion and trainer.  I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for having such a wonderful son.  He has been the perfect trainer, companion, friend, and fellow-missionary to my son, Elder Sears. 

I prayed that Elder Sears would have a trainer that would be patient, kind, hard-working, etc., and your son does all of that plus more.  We are so grateful for the opportunity they have to share and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those in Washington that are searching for truth. 

We live in Clifton, Idaho where we are dairy and beef farmers.  We have four daughters, and Elder Sears is our only son.  His older sister served a mission in Denmark. 

Elder Sears said that you live in Riverton, Utah.  Is that right?  I was raised in Sandy, Utah, with the border of our farm being one section of the Jordan River (9490 South 700 West)  We owned a dairy farm there up until 1979.  At that time Sandy City was no longer interested in zoning for "Agriculture" , so we sold our property and made the move to Idaho.  We live quite close to the Utah border in a very small country town. 

We have one daughter, Melanie, that is married and who also lives in Clifton.  She has a three year old son and a six month old daughter.  Our next daughter, Megan has graduated from BYU-I and is currently home helping with the farm.  Elder Sears is next in line and then our daughter Marli will be a Sr. in High School this coming school year.  Our "baby" will be a sophomore. 

I would love to hear from you and learn about your family as well.

Again, we thank you for the influence your son has had on our son and are grateful that during this season of their service, they can work together in moving the work of the Lord along in that part of His vineyard.

With love and gratitude,

Lisa Sears