Thursday, December 29, 2011

I LOVE SKYPE!!!!!!

So, our Christmas phone call with Elder Jake Man was sooooooooo fun!!!!  He called at 9:00 a.m. (right during Church!)  he had called a couple of days before to schedule with us, so we planned ahead and Santa came for Kayci at 7:00!  We had a nice visit and got the updates on everything from companions to cereal choices!  He was going to a members home that evening to open his presents.  His presents were already there because cute Sister Bruner had called me and asked for all of Jakes favorite traditions so she could try to reproduce as many as she could!  She told me that she had Skype (her son was "skyping" her that day because he is on a mission, too!)  They had their computer all set up when I got home from work and we got to watch Jake open his presents!  It was so fun!
Last year I think it would have been hard for him and it may have made him homesick, but I actually think it was good this year.  He said that we all look the same!  Niner made an appearance in front of the computer and the rest of us tried our best to get "face time"!
I made the mistake of telling Jake that it looked like he was getting enough meals... that just made him think I thought he was FAT!!!!!  I told him that all I was thinking was that he was healthy and doing well.

Technology is good! 

I'm so grateful to know that he is doing good.  His testimony is growing and he sounds so grown up!  (That until he was making faces into the computer while on skype!!!)

Anyway, here's his letter...


Thank you Mom sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the gifts and the tons and tons and tons and tons of other stuff that you sent me!!!!!! It was way fun to see you all!!!!! Everyone looks the exact same the way that I left them. Apparently I am different looking from the time I left from your comment about me looking like I am getting well fed hahahaha! JK. I swear I'm not fat! I just look jolly..........like Santa!
Anyways everything is going good here, there really isnt much else going on other than the stuff that I told you yesterday and last night. So all that I have to say is that I love you and tell the rest of the fam that I love them too!!!!!
Seriously though, thank you again for the presents that you sent me,(especially the You Are My Sunshine Book that was really cool) I feel spoiled all the freaking time because I have a way awesome family on top of them willing to do all of this stuff for me!!!!! You guys are seriously the most awesomenest peoples!!!!!!!!
Love Elder Lynam (line-em-up)
P.S. I will be sending my SD card home pretty soon. So watch out for it
P.P.S. hi