Saturday, September 24, 2011

9/15/11
Dear Mom!
What is up?  Hopefully you have received my letter with a special package containing your long-awaited pictures!  Hopefully they aren't erased because I heard that when they go through the post office, they scan the letters and sometimes the scanning erases the pictures on SD cards.  So... no problem if they are erased... just 5 months of my mission GONE!!!
Anyway, how is everything back at home?  Jessi told me in an e-mail that the only big thing going on in Riverton is the construction!  hahaha!  But, how's the fam doing?  I have to say this is a way awesome time to be here!  How was Disneyland?  Any new rides?  Did you lose your sushi on any of the rides?  Did Kayci have a fun time?  How's Gammie doing?  I really need to write her and send her pictures.  Anything else big or new?
Thanks again for the letter!  I can't believe that missionary that got attacked by the lion got hurt so bad.  I really know now not to do anything stupid!  At least he's still alive.  That would be so hard to have your arm amputated.  Hopefully all goes well with him.
OH!  Thank you so much for the CD you sent me.  There ae a few songs on there that I have been wanting to hear again so thanks again so much.  I really love getting new music.  Music really is awesome to have out here because it inspires me to do better.  So thanks for all of the music you've sent me in the past, I really appreciate it.  Those stickers are all over my stereo, by the way.  Again, it's really awesome to have a mom who does all of this stuff.
So, an elder out here has been a sad hippo lately.  He has been going through some stuff that is common in missionary work.  I do my best to help him, but if you could do me a favor and maybe write a letter to him or send him a little package or something that would be awesome.  He doesn't get mail all that much, so again if you could write him or maybe have some girls in the ward write him, that would be the bomb.com!
So, anyway, everything is going better with the work up here.  We are really hoping to get this African-American lady to church this Sunday.  So, if you get this letter before this Sunday, pray for us PLEASE!!!
We are still in the process of finding solid new investigators.  We have found a few pretty promising ones so hopefully they will go far.  We are also going to hopefully be teaching the missionary discussions to some less-active members.  This is part of Elder L. Tom Perry's plan of re-activation.  We are also going to hopefully teach some part member families soon!
Speaking of missionary work, how goes your mormon.org profile? If you haven't made it yet, I have have to have the plagues of Egypt cast upon you!  So if you could get it done ASAP, that would be totally awesome.  And if you could e-mail me some pictures of me so I can put one of them on my mormon.org profile that would also be really awesome!
So it was awesome this week because since it was our last district meeting for the transfers, we went out to lunch at this Japanese Shopping Complex.  I am totally going to send you pictures of that trip as soon as I'm done with my other SD card, which will hopefully be done a whole lot sooner than my last one hahaha!  Sorry for for that!
Thanks Mom for all that you do for me!  It really is awesome to have a mom that really goes way out of her way to make things fun for other people.  You're totally the bomb.com; Cheese Whiz, Chuck O' Rama and tons of other one liners!  I love you Mom!

Love,
Elder Lynam