Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/4/11
Dear Mom,
        OK, I am a total suckage major in the writing of letters.  I can imagine that you’re thinking what Captain Moroni thought in Alma 60:6!  So, I will definitely write you a letter before I get sliced or minced into pieces by the Ninja Puppy!
        So, anyway, Me and Elder Williams have been doing good.  We got six discussions this last week and we hopefully will turn some of these people into investigators.  We are also doing something that is totally awesome and exciting!  The Church is doing a HUGE media campaign with the mormon.org thing.  Seriously, it’s not a small thing at all.  We went to a training on how and when this will all be put into motion.
        Just to really show how big this media push really is, here are some stats for you:
1.      About 80% of people who watch TV in the 10 or more area they’re doing this will be exposed to the Church!
2.   The mormon.org and “I’m a Mormon” ads will appear on the sides of buses and even billboards!
3.   A ton of people who are on the internet will be exposed to Church advertisements and videos.
4.   There is now a home page for mormon.org on Facebook and Twitter.
In the test areas they had a major success.  One of the areas was New York City!  You know the huge TV screen in the middle of Times Square?  Well, they played “Mormon ads” on it!  There were even advertisements on some taxis!
        They seriously are not messing around with this!!  This is totally going to change how we do missionary work!  These efforts WILL get to so many places that missionaries can’t.  Some of these areas are like China, India and other countries that don’t allow the missionaries in.  Just because we can’t have missionaries there, that doesn’t mean that missionary work can’t take place.
        Some people that I’ve talked to, and even myself have thought this, Why is the Church putting so much money and time and effort into this when it all could be put into helping countries with charities and other stuff.  But I realized that the Church is already doing all of this.  Most importantly, this is going to open doors for people to really see how they can live with God again.
        So, I would really like you to do some stuff for me:
        First, please, please, please, make a mormon.org page ASAP!  This is how you can get your own testimony to the world.  And there are people out there who will be personally touched by your testimony that no one else’s can.
        Next, tell the members of the Church you know, and especially our ward members to make their own profiles on mormon.org.  Then, tell your non-member friends or less-active member friends to visit the site.  Tell them to look at things that are on the website that would be the most beneficial to them personally.
        Get familiar with the site so you can see how awesome it really is and that you can know how to use it best to help others receive the Restored Gospel.  Especially have them watch the “I’m a Mormon” videos they are WAY awesome!
        So this is going to be Totally Awesome Computers Awesome!  I am going to make my profile ASAP, so check it out when you can!  It takes a couple of weeks though, before it is posted because people have to review the stuff that you wrote to make sure there isn’t any bad stuff in it.  Tell me what you think about all of this.
        I have to tell you something, me and Elder Williams do great and he is a totally awesome missionary.  He is able to touch people that I can’t.  But at times we have our differences and we don’t get along. Hahaha!  Don’t worry though, it’s all good.  We are totally going to work things out.  But if you have any tips for me on how I can strengthen our companionship, that would be awesome!
        So, enough about me.  How is everything going with you and the rest of the fam?  Jessi told me that there still isn’t much going on! Ha ha!  She said there really aren’t many movies out now.  How are Su and Ryley?  I sent Ryley a letter awhile ago so hopefully he will write back soon.  Did you get to see your Discovery Channel thing yet?  How is Mr Poo Poo Head and his hip dysplasia?  Fill me in on any world news, too.
        Thanks again, Mom for all that you do for me.  It’s really nice to know that I have you and the rest of the fam right behind me.  I love you Zuka Juice to the moon!
        Love,
        Elder Lynam (line-em-up!)