Monday, September 5, 2011

Hey Dad!!!!
 
Thanks for the letter! If you get this letter down in Richfield tell everyone that I said hi.
 
Everything is going good up here! Except for the fact that people wont keep their commitments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! We are doing our best to find new investigators to teach, so pray for us on that one, we need all the help we can get.
 
The other day we put together our new Ward Mission plan. Its basically a "Rescue Effort". We are going to visit all of the less-active, part member families, and un-baptized children and get them re-activated. Its crazy to see the different reasons why people go less active. Some of them get offended by Church members, but it seems like alot of the time when people go less active is because they stop doing three major things.
 
1. Going to Church on a regular basis and renewing their covenants they made at baptism.
 
2. They stop reading their scriptures on a regular basis.
 
3. They stop saying their personal or family prayers.
 
Those three things are vital. I heard an anology from my companion the other day that says "give a man a fish and he will have a fish for a day, but teach a man to fish, and he will have a fish for life". I thought that was SO TRUE in regards to a testimony. You need to do your own part to keep your testimony and you cant just have people give you a testimony.
 
So other than that, how is everything back in Morgan. Is Shelby pretty excited for middle school? I seriously cant believe that she is growning up that freaking fast!!!! How is the whole flood situation? How is the rest of the fam doing like in Wyoming and everywhere else? Tell them all that I said hi and that I love them too!
 
Thanks again for all that you do Dad! Know that I love you and I truly appreciate you helping me go on a mission. This experience has totally shaped my life in a new way that I cant live without.
 
Love
Elder Lynam (line-em-up)
 
P.S. You should be proud of me because of all the life skills that I am learning out here. Like mixing cement, removing paint from the garage floor and driveway, building an arch, putting up dry wall, and how to make pictures with people holding a lightsaber with nothing more that a camera and a colored pencil!!!!! YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!